Pre-Opening Hotel Manager
Reference Number: BCL/AD/POHM08122020
Closing: 22nd December 2020
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO firstname.lastname@example.org ON OR BEFORE 22ND DECEMBER 2020.
Our client, a 226-key 4-star internationally branded hotel which is under construction in Nairobi, Kenya, is looking for a Pre-Opening Hotel Manager. The main role will be too oversee the pre-opening activities and coordinate with company executives, owners and contractors alike.
The primary focus will be to assist in the day-to-day oversight of hotel construction activities in conjunction with Owner’s representatives and champion the preopening process. In all activities, the candidate will represent the Company to coordinate activities with third party contractors, consultants and on-site managers.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist the Owner’s Representative in coordinating all of the pre-opening activities at the hotel and coordinate with the construction team, the construction timeline and act as a liaison between contractors and management, consultants and hotel personnel.
- Project management including research of equipment, materials, supplies and methods, sourcing and negotiating qualified Supplier or contractors’ bids, reviewing contracts, and quality control during all stages of the project.
- Develop long- and short-term plans for the operation of the hotel. Ensure the plans, once approved, are properly executed. Ensure operational standards are communicated, trained, and maintained
- Assist and coordinate timely budget and forecasts regarding, but not limited to business levels, financial requirements, personnel needs and organization plans needed to support the hotel operations
Education, Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications MUST include the following
- You should ideally be holding a degree in hospitality management or a related field from an accredited college or university with a minimum of at least two completed pre-opening assignments as General Manager / Hotel Manager within similar market segments.
- Must speak and write fluent English. Ability to speak Mandarin would be an added advantage
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Highly organized with strong analytic skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Microsoft office products, project management software
- Excellent attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- University degree in hospitality or relevant field
- You must have the ability to live and work in Kenya.
- Solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification of candidates